In the upcoming issue of Arizona Attorney Magazine, you can read a follow-up to a great panel discussion on selecting the right law firm model to match your approach and expectations. It was hosted by David French and was a great way to assess your own practice. I hope he continues to hold similar roundtables.
As you think on those law practice issues, consider a webinar tomorrow that examines niche practice as a source of satisfaction and profitability. It’s hosted by two smart people, so my confidence level is high that attendees will gain a lot of value.
Here are the details of the event, hosted by Clio practice management:
Date: August 9, 2016
Time: 11 a.m. PT — 2 p.m. ET
Clients are no longer seeking lawyers with broad skillsets and general knowledge, but rather experts who focus on a unique industry and specialize in the laws that surround it. Now more than ever lawyers need to abandon the “any case that walks in the door” approach and start a niche practice in order to grow their businesses and find success.
Join Joshua Lenon, Clio’s Lawyer in Residence, and Jay Harrington, author of One of a Kind: A Proven Path to a Profitable Legal Practice, to learn how you can command higher rates, attract high-value clients, and increase your profile by starting a niche firm.
In this one hour webinar Jay and Joshua will discuss:
- Why it’s important to carve out a niche
- Why lawyers with niche practices develop more business and command higher rates
- How to pick a profitable and sustainable area of specialty
- How to market your niche practice through various thought leadership and content marketing initiatives
- How to customize your practice management software to your niche