For this Monday morning, here is some heartening news from my colleague Alberto Rodriguez:
The State Bar of Arizona was one of many organizations who participated in ABC15’s “On the Road with Let Joe Know,” a consumer assistance event held on Thursday, October 8, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Tempe Marketplace. The Bar recruited volunteer lawyers who answered participants’ questions regarding consumer issues.
Topics covered included family law, employment law, construction law, and products liability.
There were five volunteer attorneys:
- Denise Blommel, Denise M. Blommel PLLC
- Dave Degnan, Degnan Law
- Robert L. Greer, Baird Williams & Greer LLP
- Maya Milovic, Law Office of Maya Milovic PLC
- Javier Sobampo, The Sobampo Law Firm PLLC
The volunteer attorneys provided 52 one-on-one consultations during the two-and-a-half-hour phone bank.
Sample consumer questions:
- Do I qualify for worker’s comp? How do I file for it?
- What can I do for nonpayment of wages earned?
- How do I enforce child support?
- Do I qualify for spousal maintenance?
- What do I do when a contractor abandons a job?
- What can I do when a contractor provides defective workmanship?
- My vehicle’s warranty isn’t being honored; what can I do?
- Dealer won’t repair my vehicle although it is covered through an extended warranty; what can I do?
Joe Ducey, consumer reporter for ABC15, reported that more than 300 consumers were seen by more than 35 providers.
We thank ABC15 for including the State Bar of Arizona in this invaluable consumer event.Follow @azatty