Yesterday, I promised to share my decision on whose tweets from the ABA Bar Leadership Institute communications session were the most splendiferous. Today, I honor that promise.
Ultimately, I come to praise four folks—and I end this post with our Big Winner. Each of them will receive a special audiocassette (why audiocassesttes? Read here and here.). Of course, to receive their prize, they have to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with their snail-mail address!
Here are photos of the audiocassettes; click them to biggify (I’m still not sure who gets which, except for The Big Winner):
And before I forget: If you go to the end of this post, you’ll also see that we had huge Twitter engagement during our session. So I’m pleased to name and thank many of those talented folks. (Want to see nearly everything? Here’s my Storify from the session.)
Every one of the people appearing in today’s post deserve a follow by you on Twitter. Get to it!
Without further ado, here are our four winners:
Whitney offered engagement, excitement, and even a suggestion that she will change her life’s mission statement—all in response to our presentations! Not to mention her use of the hashtag #notthesameoldkitchencabinet
Here are a few of her tweets:
Look at John’s tweets below and note a few things:
- He’s concise and to the point.
- He “gets it” on a very deep level.
His classic approach is appreciated by busy tweeters everywhere:
And this, not officially during our session, is still eloquently put:
Yvonne has been a leader’s leader for years, and her tweets show how adept and generous she is as she offers praise and insights.
Plus, she used the hashtag #truth at an evocative moment. I think you’ll agree that Yvonne shares the love in wonderful ways:
… which refers to this slide:
So if you’re paying attention, you’ll see that Tom Prol is our big Twitter winner (Twinner?). Therefore, he will receive the fantastic tape from the band Spinal Tap.
What did I love about Tom’s tweet-valanche? Only a few things. His:
- Quick thinking
- Art direction and composition
- Overall excellence and willingness to engage
- Entrepreneurship to immediately take a selfie with a colleague as I took one in the BLI audience
Wowser. Tom puts the “wit” in Twitter, as you’ll see below:
Other Talented People
Here are some other terrific tweeters from the session (but a guy only has so many cassettes):
- Elizabeth Jane @eovermoe
- Tiela Chalmers @tielachalmers
- Elizabeth Derrico @ExecSB
- Maggie Vath @VathLaw
- Dave Sommers @Dave_Sommers
- Ira Pilchen @irapilchen
- Leah G. Johnson @Gamecock_Lover
- Devon O’Connell @devonoconnell
- Eric Combs @ecombsy
- The @AlbanyCountyBar
- Dick Casey @DicCasey
- Jim Calloway @jimcalloway
- James Patrick Guy II @jamespguy
- Patty Hollenbeck @HollenbeckPatty
- Lori Buiteweg @LoriBuiteweg
- Ellen Miller-Sharp @emillersdcba
- @Kevin72C (whose one tweet is super-appreciated!)
As I mentioned, if you want to relive that morning (I know you do), traipse over to my Storify here.
Finally, what do I take away from this amazing roster of tweeters?
- It’s far larger than I had expected.
- Association folks are witty and quick.
- I am surrounded by generous and smart communicators.
All in all, a #winning month. Thank you to all my amazing colleagues!Follow @azatty