On Tuesday, May 19, the State Bar of Arizona and 12 News hosted the Lawyers on Call public service program. There, four attorneys volunteered their time and expertise to answer viewers’ questions on landlord/tenant issues.
The following update comes from my colleague Alberto Rodriguez:
Four attorneys volunteered their time:
- Henry Alzate, Alzate DuComb Law Firm
- Jack Escobar, Escobar Law Firm
- Charles Oldham, Dickinson Wright
- Bret Rasner, Community Legal Services
The attorneys answered an impressive 84 calls during the two-hour phone bank.
- How do I recover my deposits (security, utilities, pet, etc.)?
- What are the landlord’s responsibilities for property maintenance/repairs?
- What can I do if my landlord is not repairing items around the rental property?
- How do I report and remove bed bugs?
- How do I process an eviction?
Two of the four attorneys were first-time volunteers. All volunteers were extremely satisfied with the quality of the questions overall and were excited to have participated in the Lawyers on Call public service program.Follow @azatty