Did you ever hesitate to attend a networking event, unsure if there will be even one person there you know?
An event tonight was organized in a way that minimizes that possibility. If the number of sponsoring groups is any preview, you’re likely to run into some familiar faces. (I’m sorry to say I’ll be unable to attend myself. If you go, take a few photos and send them my way: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Staged by the Arizona Small Business Administration, the event will be at The Duce in south-central Phoenix, from 5:30 until 8. If you’ve never wandered through the cool complex, it’s worth the drive for that alone.
And here is the list of sponsoring organizations:
- Arizona Asian American Bar Association
- Arizona Jewish Lawyers Association
- Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Arizona Black Bar
- Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Arizona
- Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association
- Phoenix Black Chamber
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Emerging Business Leaders
- State Bar of Arizona Young Lawyers Division
Organizers say, “Attendees will enjoy complimentary appetizers and quality networking in a fun, fresh environment. A cash bar will be available.”
That phrase “Attendees will” is pretty demanding, but maybe the ASBA is just an optimistic bunch. (And remember: The “quality networking” depends on you!)
And, yes, The Duce has an open-to-all boxing ring, but remember: It’s a collaborative event.
- Date: Thursday, April 24
- Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
- Location: The Duce, 525 S Central Ave, Phoenix