Here is another in a series of news items related to an initiative of the State Bar to help fill the legal needs of recently deployed military personnel. (Read more about it here.)
Tomorrow, I have a JAG item and other news that may affect attorneys you might know. But first, today’s news:
When legal issues arise at home, servicemembers are often unable to find the help they need. The aid and advice of a trusted attorney located in or near their home community can be a lifeline of support.
JAG Corps attorneys can only provide limited counsel.
Military families may need assistance dealing with divorce, child custody, bankruptcy, probate and financial issues. Attorneys in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAGs) are able to provide limited counsel to servicemembers, but heavy caseloads and numerous demands compete for their time.
When servicemembers return, they need legal help near their home communities.
Only 37 percent of military families live on installations; the remaining 63 percent live in more than 4,000 communities nationwide. Our troops need legal assistance closer to home. Give them someone to turn to for help.Follow @azatty