For more than a decade, I’ve had the pleasure of reading the work of law students, courtesy of an annual competition at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law.
The Richard Grand Legal Writing Competition is named for (and funded by) a UA Law alum whom I’ve written about before. This year, the winners in his competition are:
- First place: Sandra Jonas (1L) ($2,000 award)
- Second place: Brendan Haberle (1L) ($1,000 award)
- Third place: Germar Townsend (3L) ($500 award)
- Honorable mention: Matthew Chandler (3L) ($250 award)
- Honorable mention: Bret Shaw (2L) ($250 award)
The other competition judges were Arizona Vice Chief Justice W. Scott Bales, Hon. Bruce G. Macdonald, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court; and attorneys Brian I. Clymer and Gloria A. Goldman.
Thank you to the Law School for including me in this tradition once again. And congratulations again to the winners.Follow @azatty