Last week, I wrote about a great UA Law School event held on September 16. That was Constitution Day, and the school held a panel discussion on the topic of current legal cases that are significant and worth watching.
I mentioned that I had tweeted a bit during the presentation by moderator Professor David Marcus, former law school Dean Toni Massaro, lawyer Ted Cruz, former New York Times reporter Linda Greenhouse, and U.S. District Court Judge Neil Wake.
A few readers who struggled with the hashtag asked me what I had said. So, combining old and new school, I have posted just a few of those tweets below.
Before I get to that, though, I wanted to share a few moments that stand out from the day’s events:
- One humorous moment occurred during that break, when I walked up to speak with Linda Greenhouse, whom I had interviewed about three years ago. As I re-introduced myself, she began speaking to me as if we had met just yesterday, and informed me that I had an error on my blog. I thanked her, walked back to my seat, and confirmed she was right. She has segued into the law professor role well.
- I took a foot-in-mouth minute to thank Professor Marcus for the masterful job he was doing herding legal cats. But in complimenting his presentation, I added that the event was enjoyable and invigorating, unlike law school. A gentleman, the law professor smiled and said he would take that as a compliment. (I did not attend UA for law school, which undoubtedly is the reason for my misunderstanding
- Here, without further ado, a few tweets from the day:
- Judge, dean & fmr @nytimes reporter walk into a law school – No joke: Constitution Day at @arizonalaw http://ow.ly/6vsvS #UAConstitution
- #UAConstitution tweets 9/16: @arizonalaw event, incl ex @nytimes writer Linda Greenhouse, Ted Cruz of @morganlewislaw http://ow.ly/6vsKc
- Reminder: This afternoon I’m tweeting from Constitution Day at @ArizonaLaw http://tinyurl.com/6hsfytr Hashtag #UAConstitution
- Moderator at #UAConstitution – CJ Roberts is not a great writer, he’s just snarky.
- Greenhouse: The 1st Am in the hands of this #SCOTUS is running off the rails, a tool of dereg #UAConstitution
- Ted Cruz: If 1st Am is about anything it’s about political speech #UAConstitution
- Types of originalism on #SCOTUS by #LindaGreenhouse – faint-hearted, squishy and on steroids #UAConstitution
- Toni Massaro: This #SCOTUS is not uniformly pro-speech or Libertarian – not for youth, or for women. #UAConstitution
- During the break, #LindaGreenhouse told me my blog had an error. She was right, and I fixed it. #alwaysthereporter #UAConstitution